Making Collections image boxes accept MP4 video | Edit parameters

JonathanMayea
3 0 0

Hey guys, I’m trying to locate a healthy code and discover it’s location to apply.  I have the Motion theme and my url is 22boardco.com.

I’ve managed to get the Collection Image Boxes to accept a .gif and did in fact verify the .gif working from simple observation after applying to the collection box (The Vault).  Then after saving and viewing it on the collection page, image shows no action.  Which I’m not too bummed about because the quality of the .gif was just crap.  I’m looking to gain code and I will apply to it’s appropriate sections accordingly.  I would love if all collection image boxes would accept mp4 video, auto play, and loop.  I can’t see any of the videos being over 10-15 seconds long.  Then I hope to be followed up with details on editing its size, margins,  padding , any orientation controllability would be ideal.

And then for my next custom feature.  I’m trying to get help with coding an option to where a background color will fade from one color to another. Or one background image to another mid-way scroll thru on home page, and the collection pages.  Here is a look at the animation on a WebFlow template called Mood Festival.

https://mood-festival-template.webflow.io/

Iam Lead Designer here at The Berrics in Los Angeles with a social media audience of over 2.7M followers on Instagram alone.  Whichever brave soul can join me and assist to accommodating these features, will very likely see much higher paid projects in the near future.  I just signed my contracts here and sadly, investing capital is still pretty scarce.  But “if” interested, what I can do is present these features to the upcoming more higher profile projects.   Certainly an investment if you will, and potentially being the biggest programmer/ website architects in the skateboarding industry. 

0 Likes
ChoosiZon
Navigator
263 45 76

i hope i got you right.You want to insert a video as your collection image?

If so then try this :

on your collection edit page click Insert video and paste this code in it :

<video loop="loop" controls="controls" autoplay="autoplay" height="440" width="auto">
  <source type="video/mp4" src="https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0309/3882/4841/files/eg.mp4?v=1618189365">

</source></video>

click save.

Look at your site collection page to see if it is what you want.

0 Likes
JonathanMayea
3 0 0

Hey man, thanks for the tip!  -Essentially, I thought by stating the collection ( box ) would naturally get interpreted as a collections banner.  Sadly all what you gave me was put a huge video of planet Earth right where the description text would be written I presume.

Sorry about that, so let me clairify, I need it to act and perform just like the images do when inserted into the collection “add image” box.  Down to the “parallel” setting remaining functional.

jm

0 Likes
ChoosiZon
Navigator
263 45 76

oh i got what you mean.

Screenshot 2021.png

currently there is no way to upload video there.

Maybe Shopify can have better answer.

0 Likes