Making slideshow images shorter on desktop view - Canopy Theme

Highlighted
8 0 0
Hello - Q1: My images take up too much vertical space on the desktop version (it bother me less on the mobile version), and I want to see if there's a way to make the image shorter without distorting the image. Essentially, I don't want my users to have to scroll down so far to get to the next section. Q2: I'd like to be able to change the newsletter heading on my passwords page to a different color without impacting the header text on my main website, which I'm still building. Is there code you can help me with that I can insert for the password page specifically? Many thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello ,
Please share your site url.
So that i can check and provide you exact solution here.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1381 112 211

Please Share a store url to better assist

0 Likes
Highlighted
Highlighted
8 0 0

petit-porter-co.myshopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted

@PP_World,

Can you please share password

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1381 112 211

@PP_World,

your website is password protected

please share a password

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
52 1 55

Hey @PP_World, seems like you removed the password, so I'll assume that Q2 is obsolete.

On Q1: I've had the same problem myself. Fo fix this, I'd recommend you uploading two different images: One for desktop with a very wide aspect ratio (something like 2:1) and one optimised for mobile (can be 1:1 or even 9:16). If you use only 1 image for both platforms, one of them will look weird.

For my store, I loaded the same image into Figma and then cropped it to two different versions which I then uploaded. You can also use this technique if you add more photos to the slideshow to ensure that they are always identical in size and the page doesn't jump when you click through the slide show.

For a demo, check out my store here: https://www.tylkozdroweprodukty.pl/

0 Likes