Managing Products and Collections?

Solved
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Everyone,

Well, I'm new to Shopify and setting up my new store. I have to start from scratch so rather than delegating, I'm planning to do it on my own so that I can learn as well. 

Coming to the actual problem I'm dealing with, I'm in process of uploading products and doing that manually as there are not many. I need to learn about how collections work. I mean, if I can add the collections, how can I link my products to those collections. And what if I will add more products in future. How will they be aligned in right collection. I mean, do I need to do it manually every time I upload any new product?

Any insight would be appreciated?

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
1142 93 139

Hey @TheTechieGuy ,

Well, products and collections are quite simple to manage in Shopify.

It's like you can create manual collections as well as automatic collections in Shopify.

In case of manual one, you need to add the products manually into respective collections which would be bit cumbersome task.

So, I would recommend you to go for automatic collections. Basically, you need to automate the collection on the basis of tag as each product has tag so whichever product has that respective tag then it will automatically added to that collection respectively.

Please find below link that will help you further.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/collections/automated-collections

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

Problem Solved?✔️Like and Accept the solution that can help others.
Need any help with theme customization or design? Hire us
Email: infoperennialsolution@gmail.com
1 Like
Tourist
3 0 0

Thank you for providing detailed view of collections. 

I will go with automated one for sure. But, just one last thing, I wanted to know if I can create manual collections initially as there are not much products and can switch to automatic one in between. Is it okay to do and right approach?

Please advise. Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1142 93 139

Thanks for accepting my post well,unfortunately its not possible  to switch from manual collection to automated one in between.

You need to decide it in beginning only depending on your requirement.

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

Problem Solved?✔️Like and Accept the solution that can help others.
Need any help with theme customization or design? Hire us
Email: infoperennialsolution@gmail.com
1 Like
Tourist
3 0 0

Okay, thanks for clearing this out for me.

Will take care. Thanks again for taking time and briefing out minute details for me.

0 Likes