Manual Payment - add CC fields and Partial Pym

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 0
Hi team,
I have added a manual pym method called “by now pay later” and need the CC fields to appear under this PYM method so as my customers can add their CC details and make a partial payment upfront (1/3 of total) - remaining payments would be processed a month and two months after.
* Can the platform pre-fill 1/3 of payment OR can customers put in their CC details and I can adjust the total payment accordingly then approve the partial payment transaction to go through?
* Can I process (or schedule) other payments manually to account for the remaining left to pay using pre-existing CC details that my customer provided?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
690 42 82

Hi there @CFRG!

Don here from Shopify. :)

Can you tell us a bit more about how you are attempting to set this up in your admin?

Are you using a third-party app or service to handle these deferred, partial payments?

The manual payment method functionality is intended for use with payment methods you fully control on your side, like cash on delivery, money orders or bank transfers.

If you choose to set up your own, this is the customisable aspect available to you:

_19-12-e00yu-dr01a

You can enter a name, additional details (to let the customer know what this is when they are selecting a payment method) and payment instructions (to inform a customer how they would use this manual method of yours).

If you have a way to process customer credit card numbers and take payments from them, you could ask them to enter their CC details here, though some customers will be wary of sharing their payment details like this.

It would not be possible for the platform to 'pre-fill 1/3 of payment' nor would there be functionality via this method to schedule payments in any way.

If you wish to be able to do all of those things I would recommend you use a deferred payment app like Partial.ly Payment Plans or Split - Partial Payments in conjunction with a credit card gateway as that should allow you to accomplish what you have outlined here.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 0
Hey Don, thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated.
I somewhat reluctantly decided to use Splitit. It’s not a complete solution and so isn’t the manual payment methods provided by Shopify. So my customer experience won’t be the greatest and the checkout experience will be a bit confusing. That’s really not great.
So with Splitit I def need a field to be added under the cart section so I can further explain what Splitit is. Similarly with the manual payment method where you add a description but it sits on the checkout section.
If you have a look at my shop you will see that I explained what Splitit is in the checkout under the manual Pym BUT I need to do the same in the Cart.
Can you help me with adding a text box to the cart section please?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 0
luxoftheworld.com.au
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
690 42 82

Hi again @CFRG!

Don from Shopify once again. :)

I have looked into this with our themes team and if you are using a free Shopify theme and have a paid plan for your store we can help to put this in place for your cart page.

Just send us in an email via our support site and reply in this thread with the ticket number you are given for that interaction.

I can use this to grab your request from the queue and send a design request to our themes team on your behalf.

I look forward to hearing from you. :)

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes