Manual sorting of collection not working properly

4 0 0

Hello,

I have an issue when trying to sort manually into a collection.

Everytime I try to manually sort my items, they all move around freely as soon as I save. The rework appears random on my webpage as well, or at least the back office does not reflect whats online.

Anyone ever had this issue before?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
660 35 76

Hi there!

Don here from Shopify :)

I've had a look around in your collections though I have not been able to replicate this issue from here myself.

Could you let us know what browser you are using to access your store?

If it's not one of the supported browsers then this might account for any issues you are experiencing.

It would also be a good idea to clear the cache and cookies from your browser as these can often be the root cause of issues like this in your browser.

There's a series of guides here on how to clear your cache that should cover most devices and browsers.

Let us know if you are using a supported browser, cleared your browsing history and are still experiencing any sort of issue so we can look into this further.

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hey Don,

I'm using an up to date version of Firefox, cleared cache and cookies already.

Here's an example:

Check out this page :

https://www.123klan.com/collections/stickers-and-goodies

On my browsers (Firefox, Chrome and mobile) the order is way off compared to what I manually seted up in my back office.

And here's a screenshot of my collection order.

As you can see it's not correct, and I even have 3 products I deleted from the collection still showing up online.

Do you know where this could come from?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
660 35 76

Hi again there!

Don from Shopify once again. :)

Thanks for the extra info here. 

I think I might have determined the root cause of this behavior, though as I will need to refer to specifics of your account I need to send this on to you via email in order to preserve the security and privacy of your information.

Keep an eye on your email inbox in the next while and I will send on the info you need to sort this out. :)

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm actually having a similar issue with a site that's in development. Selecting the manual sorting option from the dropdown seems to produce a random order not inline with the order specified in the collection. Would you be able to post the solution that worked previously?

0 Likes
1 0 0

I am also having this issue - the sort order displayed is not the same as manual sort order of collections.

This is a serious issue - What can be done to resolve this?

0 Likes