Marking products as Sold with Brooklyn theme?

Highlighted
14 0 0

Hi All,

I'm sorry, but I'm very new to this. We have an outlet for our products here on Bali, and we have sold items there - so I need to find out how to mark a product as 'Sold' - but still leave it up on the website?

We're at https://www.balicharm.com

Many thanks in advance for any helps or tips.

Wiwid.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
105 0 21

Hi there,

Chris from Shopify here. So one of the ways you can make this happen is to change the inventory policy for your products to "Shopify track this product's inventory", and adjusting the quantity to zero. This will change the "add to cart" button to "unavailable". Then, you can go to the language editor in your admin and navigate to the products tab. Then, find the text that reads "unavailable" and you can change that to "sold out". Remember to save your changes! If you have any further questions or hit any snags, please feel free to email this question to support@shopify.com, we'd be happy to help you on private channels. 

Regards,

Chris D
Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
14 0 0

Hi Chris,

Thank-you so much for your support. I am always surprised and thankful at the level of support that you offer us. I will try this, and let you know how we get along.

My very best, Wi.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I just used this advice and it worked perfectly. Now I wonder if there is also a way to turn off the white veil that appears on sold items? My site is for fine art, and there is just one of everything. I would like to have the "Sold" indication, but also continue have the artwork clearly visible on the menu. Thanks! The site is starting to look great.

0 Likes