Mega Menu in Venture Theme not working as expected

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi there,

I'm setting up a store using the free Venture theme. I believe that I have executed the setup instructions in this article in the Shopify knowledge base.

Here are screenshots of my collections and navigation settings:

My issue is that I should be seeing product images in the drop down megamenu like in this example of the Venture theme.

Has anyone run into this before? Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
65 0 12

I noticed in your screenshot there are other mega menus. Do those work? If they do, try and see if you missed a step.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
47 0 12

Hello Jeff! Paul here, from the Guru team.

The collection from which products display is set by what the menu item is linked to in the Main menu. Your screenshots show the link for the menu item in your Pistol Sights menu, but not what the "Pistol Sights" link is set to in the main menu. You will want to go to Online store > Navigation and click edit menu for your "Main menu". Here, make sure that your "Pistol sights" menu item is set to a collection that you want to feature products from. Check out our guide on that! https://help.shopify.com/manual/using-themes/themes-by-shopify/venture#featuring-collections-in-your...

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi Paul,

Thanks for chiming in here. I have done that and also I've tried using a Web URL link to the Collection, and neither work.

See here - http://d.pr/i/YBnR

Any other posibilities? Could there be some liquid that is marked out or something silly like that?

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi Paul,

Issue resolved. It was a tagging issue. I was using caps instead of lower case for the collection tags.

Cheers!

Jeff

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, Does anyone know how make menu like in screenshot on free shopify venture theme.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thank you Jeff!!! You solved it! Very grateful pal

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 3

For anyone else that comes here because there Meg-Nav is not showing up. It may be a typo or first make sure you have a Collection linked to your nave item like so:

You must have your "Main Menu" item linked to a collection for the Mega Nav to show up.From you 

From you Online Store menu go to Navigation

Click you menu (usually "Main menu")

Click edit on the menu item you want to have a mega nav

Click "Link", choose a collection to link to 

Click "Apply Settings"

Click "Save Menu"

Now go to your site and you should have a Mega Nav!

0 Likes