Merge products and create variants

Highlighted
4 0 0

I have several products which I currently have set up as separate products but which I would like to merge into a single product with variants. 

Any idea on how to do that?

Thanks, 

Miguel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
14 0 1

I dont believe there is a merge option - you most likely have to do it all manually.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
162 0 7

Hi Miguel,

Matt here from the Guru Team! :) 

That is a great question however, Sara is correct.  There currently is not a way to merge products.   You can however add the separate variants by follwoing these steps here.

I hope you have an excellent day,

Matt

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

That's going to be a pain. Thanks for the answers anyway guys!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
162 0 7

No problem Miguel! :-)

I am happy to help! :-)

Best,

Matt

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 0 1

I found this thread searching for a solution to my own problem. I just wanted to say that one of my Shopify suppliers, Teescape, has created a tool to make it possible to combine products. Since Teescape's app is free, that means that anyone who installs their app should be able to combine products using it. A word of caution though: They clearly state that it has not been tested with products other than those created with their app. So I suggest using test products.

One limit of this app (and that's where my problem lies right now) is the fact that this can only combine variants of one products with variants of another. I have created many products with only one variant each and want to combine those... and that tool doesn't allow that.

Highlighted
10 0 0

How do you combine them in Teescape app?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

Hello Matt,

Ok, so there doesn't seem to be an option. Does this mean I create new products with the variants and then remap them for SEO. That is all fine.

BUT what about the reviews of my current products?

It is a poor show from Shopify.

Thanks

Bruce

Highlighted
2 0 0

I have the same issue , I have found a solution using exel, here is a youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufHPlrK9WAE 

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is not an option... unless you are going to subscribe to Excelcify

0 Likes