Minimal: Legal pages links on the Checkout page and their formatting

4 0 0

Hi there,

Shopify Help says that we can make our own legal pages (in Online Store > Pages) instead of generated ones (in Settings > Legal), and so I did because I wanted to have all the pages in the same place. But now I've discovered that the legal pages links on the checkout page are "hard-wired" to the generated pages. When you click on those links you will get a pop-up window with the content of generated pages.

As a work-around, I copied the policies from my own pages into the generated ones, with the same formatting. However, when I click on the links on the checkout page, I get a pop-up with a wall of unformatted text. No bold font, no lists, no headers, even though it is formatted properly in the rich text editor. Even the link color is default blue instead of the one I defined in the theme colors.

So, I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to change the legal pages links on the checkout page (Minimal theme) so that they lead to my own legal pages (no pop-ups, just normal links)?
  2. If the above is not possible, how can I format the text? It is absolutely unreadable.

Thanks in advance,

Lita

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
83 13 19

Hi, @LitaC!

Sophia here from Shopify.

My apologies for any miscommunication about how the policy pages should be generated. Store policy pages should be generated directly under Settings > Legal, and there should be a rich text editor for each policy there. Are you seeing the rich text editor formatting options in that section? If so, we should be able to re-format your pages:

10-20-eff13-z9de1

If you still have the policy pages under Online Store > Pages, you can click on the <> button near the top right-hand corner to reveal the HTML that includes the formatting, copy that, and paste it into the same section under Settings > Legal to maintain the formatting. Please provide your store link here and I'd be happy to take a closer look at the pages. I can also email you and take a look into it privately if you'd prefer.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Sophia,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that's exactly what I did. I copied the HTML text from my Pages to Legal ones. In the Rich Text Editor, everything looks good: the bold text is bold and bulleted lists are bulleted. But in the pop-up window (checkout page) they are unformatted.

I removed and re-applied formatting, but it did not help. There was one thing that worked though — I changed the section names from bold to Heading 2, and I could see the changes in the pop-up. The other formatting and the theme colors and fonts are all missing.

I will send you the link to my shop in a moment.

Lita.

0 Likes