Minimal Product Images not in a slider.

Haim_Harush
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hey,

I tried to search for a solution but couldn't find it.

I have minimal theme, and if i have more then 5-6 images for a products it's not getting into a slider.

I know a little bit codding but new with shopify coding.

can I get some help? Thanks!

https://vapecandy.co.il/products/smok-mag-225w-tc-kit-right-handed-edition?variant=11859161022521

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
1637 224 613

Hey there Haim, I can help you out. Assuming you're using the slider section in your "customize" section of your theme, the reason you cant add more than 6 slides is because that's the max number of slides the coding allows. You can change that real easy and I just confirmed it. 

Go ahead and go to Online Store > Themes > Actions (next to your customize button) > Edit Code

You'll then be in the code editor. To the left, there's a sidebar with all your liquid code. Layout, Template, Sections, Snippets, etc. Go to your Sections folder and open the slider.liquid file. 

You'll see a whole mess of stuff, but dont worry about it. Just click inside there and ctrl+f and search for "max_blocks"

It'll say 6, just change that number to however many slides you want. I only tested it up to 8 though. Should work. 

Hope it helps!

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
tim
Shopify Expert
2861 117 937

Haim,

Minimal does not do it. Converting your thumbs to a carousel properly requires a lot of coding.

What I usually recommend in this case is to hide thumbs which are variant images because they will be shown anyway when people make selection in the drop-down and this can be done relatively easy:

Open your product-template.liquid Section, find code like this:

<ul class="grid product-single__thumbnails" id="ProductThumbs">
    {% for image in product.images %}
      <li class="grid__item">

and modify like this:

<ul class="grid product-single__thumbnails" id="ProductThumbs">
    {% for image in product.images %}
      {% if image.attached_to_variant? %}
        {% continue %}
      {% endif %}
      <li class="grid__item">

Note that there are two occurencies of code like above -- one for horizontal thumbs and another for vertical.

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
tku2505
Tourist
9 0 2

hi what do you mean when you say Assuming you're using the slider section in your "customize" section of your theme how do i do that

tttt42
2 0 0

This seems to hide everything except the variant images. Am I using it wrongly? Thought it would hide variant images... @tim 

0 Likes