Minimal Theme - Collection page images are too big!

OzStraps
15 0 0

Hi All,

Would greatly appreciate some help here. I have been playing with the code trying to find what to edit to make this page display the images at a much smaller scale:

https://ozstraps.com.au/collections/apple-watch

If anyone can please assist me on this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Jeff

0 Likes
OzStraps
15 0 0

EDIT: managed to fix it via the snippets

0 Likes
tim
Shopify Expert
2926 142 994

In Minimal Theme items in collection grid get equal shares of the site width. So you may consider several approaches:

1. You may disable "Wide layout " in Theme -> Customize -> Layout, which will lessen you site width and therefore make each item smaller;
  2. You may change the number of items in grid line. By default product-grid-item.liquid conains the following line:
    {% assign grid_item_width = 'wide--one-fifth large--one-quarter medium-down--one-half' %}

Which makes it 5 items per line for media wider than 1250px, four for media wider than 768px and two otherwise. Since you have three items per line I suppose you've already changed this variable somewhere in the collection.liquid.

3. If you want to keep the layout and make only the images smaller, you may consider adding the following at the end of your theme.scss.liquid:
    .grid-link__container .grid-link__image--product {width: 75%;}

This way it would not affect your featured products display on the home page.

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
OzStraps
15 0 0

Thank you very much!!

Is there a way to get the menu below the logo centred in the middle

Example: http://www.iglou.com.au/collections/sass-bide

Like that ^

0 Likes
shapedbymyjourn
1 0 0

Hi Tim; 

Thanks for that line of code to make the collection size smaller.  I want to make the whole page look smaller,   Could I ask you where I can put it so the whole front page looks 75% smaller?  

Thanks so much

Ruth

shapedbymyjourney.ca

0 Likes