Minimal Theme - Product image size

Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Folks, I'm having a little issue with Minimal theme, here goes.

 

 When I first began putting the site together the individual product images would display in a larger size to fit the size of the browser window. If you go to the collections, click on an image, the individual product is shown, then clicking on that shows an enlarged rendering of that image. A horizontal image should nearly fit the size of the browser window. The first horizontal images I uploaded did enlarge, but I had to delete them to re-edit. Now they appear the same size as the individual product page. There is one of the first ones I uploaded that does enlarge as it should. That one is titled "Drummer, Panama" the second one, titled "Drummer Boy 2, Panama" is the same file uploaded as a test and it does not enlarge like the first upload "Drummer Boy Panama" The only thing I found in the discussions here was to make sure the "image zoom type"was set to lightbox, which it is on all of the images. 

 

None of the horizontal images enlarge at all.

 

I've tried uploads at 1600 x 2400 pixels and 3200 x 4800 pixels, either size makes no difference. If you look at the horizontal images, they appear as the same size as the thumbnail on the individual product page. I have uploaded everything in the same manner. I am using the Pixels app and uploading through that.

 

The site is billbytsura.com and the images I speak of are under "Fine Art Prints" 

 

Thanks in advance,

Bill

0 Likes
Pathfinder
98 12 28

Format the image to the same canvas size as your second image, if the second image is 400x700 make sure all your collections stick to the same 400x700 proportion, I tried editing the CSS for this but it's not the proper way to do it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey JTR, thanks for responding to my quest for help.

 

I was looking at you suggestion, it put me on track to figure this out: 

 

I add the product to my store through the Pixels app, then after thats up, I go to edit product, delete that image and upload one directly to the theme page. That seem to be working fine now. It's an extra step, but for now it's the solution to get this thing up and running. 

 

I'll be working on this more later today, for now this seems to work. I will come back and post if I find anything else out, so we share the info.

 

Thanks again!

Bill

 

 

0 Likes