Minimal Theme - Reduce Product Description Font Size

Solved
SanaV
Tourist
10 0 4

Hi,

I'm using the Minimal theme and want to decrease the font size for my product descriptions only. I already have my base size set to the smallest available size, and I don't really want to change the other header sizes, so I think I just have to change the code. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

I just spent an hour scrolling through the code trying to figure it out and realized I best just ask the experts!

Thank you

0 Likes
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
4346 976 1241

@SanaV 

Please share your website URL and password if any. I will check and provide a solution here.

OR

Try to add the following code at the bottom of your assets/timber.scss.liquid file.

.product-description.rte {
    font-size: 1.2em;
}

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com | Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Advanced Shopify Page Builder to customize your pages - check here PageFly App
0 Likes
SanaV
Tourist
10 0 4

Hi,

Thanks so much for your response. My new shop isn't published yet (my current shop is using a different theme)  so I'm not sure I'm able to share a link. Unfortunately I don't see timber.scss.liquid under Assets. I've included what I see below. I am also trying to figure out how to use a header for my home page that is different from the ones used on the rest of my pages. I want to use my full logo on the home page, and alternate logo on all other pages. Is this possible?

Thanks again
Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 8.30.55 PM.png

0 Likes
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
4346 976 1241

@SanaV 

You can use assets/theme.css file. Add the above code at the bottom of this file and check if this works.

0 Likes
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
4346 976 1241

@SanaV 

You can use assets/theme.css file. Add the above code at the bottom of this file.

0 Likes
SanaV
Tourist
10 0 4

Hi,

My apologies but I used the wrong term. I am actually looking to reduce the product title, not the product description, and on the product page only.  Not on the collection pages. Just the text that reads "Turquoise & Moonstone Ring", etc at the top. May I ask how to have control of the sizing? In the code you shared, what does the "1.2" mean - it's obviously not pixels. Just wondering so I can play with it a bit and adjust as needed.

Thanks again

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 6.58.43 AM.png

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
4346 976 1241

This is an accepted solution.

@SanaV 

For the product title, you can add the following code at the bottom of your assets/theme.css file.

.product-single__title{
font-size: 25px;
}

Here can you can play with the pixel in size. Hope this works.

Thanks! 

0 Likes
SanaV
Tourist
10 0 4

Thank you so much! Worked perfectly.