Minimal Theme: Slideshow image resizing

Solved
4 0 0

Hi, would anyone be able to tell me how I can eensure my slideshow images are displayed correctly on both desktop and mobile?

They are showing fine in desktop, however, when changed to mobile the first is fine but the other 2 have not downsized.

Thank you

0 Likes
Hello minnica_90,
You have to add functionality to add saperate images for mobile and desktop.
Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
949 110 156

Hi, @moniica_90,

Hank here from Shopify.

Is it possible to share your store URL so that both myself, and the community can take a look at this for you?

As @oscprofessional mentioned, it would need some changes to the theme, which can be done via the theme code itself. 

Once you share your store URL, I can query this with our theme developers as you are using a Shopify theme, but hopefully, someone with more technical skills in the community will come across this and be able to add some value to you here, but if not, your best bet might be to reach out to one of our Shopify Experts, who you can hire to do almost any custom work on your store. If you were to reach out to them about this query, they would be able to resolve this issue for you.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi Hank,

Thanks for that!

My store URL is https://antipodas-brand.myshopify.com/ and the pw is Popa1234!

Hopefully it is something easy that I can do, however, of course I will be reaching out to the experts! 

Thanks!!!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
949 110 156

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you for sharing your URL.

I also took a look at your store, it looks awesome, and shows the work you have put into it!

The way you described the issue, I believe the resolution is within the editor itself, which means no coding!

In your Shopify admin, if you navigate to Online Store > Themes > Customize, you will be brought to the theme editor. In there, when you click on Slideshow, ensure that the slide height is set to Adapt to first slide, it should look similar to the below.16-27-84911-lyca2

For more information on using Minimal, I will share this awesome guide to assist you with this theme.

Let me know how you get on with this, my friend!

Tourist
4 0 0

Hank,

You are awesome. I've spent 2 days trying to get a resolution including some coding...and your response was so simple and WORKED!

Bless you!!

Chanel 

www.t-shea.com

@Hank wrote:

Thank you for sharing your URL.

I also took a look at your store, it looks awesome, and shows the work you have put into it!

The way you described the issue, I believe the resolution is within the editor itself, which means no coding!

In your Shopify admin, if you navigate to Online Store > Themes > Customize, you will be brought to the theme editor. In there, when you click on Slideshow, ensure that the slide height is set to Adapt to first slide, it should look similar to the below.16-27-84911-lyca2

For more information on using Minimal, I will share this awesome guide to assist you with this theme.

Let me know how you get on with this, my friend!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
949 110 156

You are very welcome, @Tapper!

Do reach back out to us if you need anything, stay safe, and have an awesome day!

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hank,

You are awesome! I spent so much time on trying to change the liquid variables and nothing worked until I saw your tip. Thank you so much!

Dana 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
949 110 156

You are very welcome, @4DsBoutique! That is awesome to hear it worked for you!

0 Likes