Minimal Theme - how to show "sale" circle?

11 0 0

I read information from the manual, there's an option for me to choose if product on sale, or out of stock ....the "sale" and "out of stock" will show up.

but i search through the theme customization ...can't find that option. 

now when it's on discount, i can see the price is in "red" color and original price cross out next to it.

how can i have the circle appear on the product pic, make it easier to recognize this product is on sale? and when it's out of stock?

do i or can i do something on the css?

Thanks.

0 Likes

The "sale" circle will appear on the product when you set a compare at price, the product listing is updated on your online store to show that the item is on sale. (link to Shopify tutorial - "Setting sale prices" )
Then you can customize this "sale" circle with CSS.

The "sold out" circle will appear on the product when this product has Inventory = 0.

gwa-0-inventory

gwa-sale-sold-badge

I hope this helps. If this in not the case, let me know.

Best,
Arthur

Shopify subject matter expert | Founder at GenovaWebArt | Full-services shopify agency | info@genovawebart.com
0 Likes
11 0 0

Thanks for your prompt and detailed reply Arthur

Yes. this is exactly what i want. i have already set the price with compared price, so the price on sale have both the discounted price (in red) and original price crossed out like yours. - but without "sale" circle show up. 

Out of stock circle didn't show up - i can understand as i still have inventory.

read the "minimal" instruction and that's what it mentions too. it also mentions i can choose to click the button "on sale" if i want a circle etc. but can't that on my theme customization product page or home page. and there is no option for me to click allow "circle" on sale. etc.

ut i there's no "sale" circle on my collection and product list. wonder if minimal theme didn't support this function? or we need to do it in css? how can i add the circle "sale" back?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9765 86 1517

You should have the option for the sale circle in your theme.

• Open the theme customiser
  • Navigate to a collection
  • You should see a collection option in the left menu (in the sections tab), click it
  • The product sale circle checkbox option should be in there.

If not, you might have a different version of Minimal so it might help to see a link to your store.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
11 0 0

no. there's no option for this in the section 

only have :

1) products per row

2 )Show product vendors

3)Show view all button

that's it

there's another version for minimal?

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have installed the latest version of the Minimal theme yesterday

gwa-minimal-version

And I have this settings checkbox to enable the circles

gwa-minimal-theme

If you have not customized your store much, you can upload the updated version of the Minimal theme. You will definitely benefit from this, as there is a number of available options included in the updated one.

Shopify subject matter expert | Founder at GenovaWebArt | Full-services shopify agency | info@genovawebart.com
0 Likes
11 0 0

oh. that's strange. when i double check my theme....

the theme i installed is "Minimal".

when i click to customize theme....it shows "debut". weird

how to update the theme without losing the customization? 

Thanks again for your great help.

0 Likes
11 0 0

i am so TERRIBLE sorry for my mistake.

Thanks for the alerts that push me to double check my theme setting. end up i discover that i actually updating the default "debut" theme so far.

new to shopify and didn't know even when i pick "minimal" theme, but if i am not publish or alert the customize button for both theme....i actually keep on updating the default (wrong theme).

Gee....now when i click the "minimal" theme customize link...i can see the options for sale and sold circle. 

can't find it because i am updating the default theme.

sorry, you guys. but great thanks for your time and patience. if not because of those pics for me to compare, i really don't know why i can't find the functions.

0 Likes