Minimal theme - Decreasing amount of white space between announcement bar, logo and menu

Tourist
4 0 0

Hi,

I am using the minimal theme. I would like to know how to decrease the white space between my announcement bar, logo and menu bar. There is too much space both above and below the logo. If I could half the amount of white space both above and below the logo, that would be great. 

My site is:  https://bohopulse.com

I'd greatly appreciate any help that can be provided.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
163 16 18

Hey there, @deano2727!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I took a look at your store's logo, and I'd be happy to see how I can be of assistance today.

By the looks of it, there may be quite a bit of white space included in your logo. You can try cropping out the white space in your existing logo before adding it to the logo section of your header in the Theme Editor. I personally like to save my logos with a transparent transparent background, and thus no white space at all. Either way you'll want to ensure that the photo is cropped so that the edges are close to the ends of the logo. While you can use Photoshop, or other photo editing, I will sometimes use LunaPic myself for quick edits like this. You simply need to upload the image, go to Edit > Transparent Background and follow the instructions listed. It will essentially require you to click on the background space you want removed. To crop it, you can go to Edit > Crop Image. Once the edit has been made, you can save the image and try uploading it to your storefront!

Since you're using the Minimal theme, you may be eligible for a complimentary 60 minutes of theme support for certain requests within our scope of support. If after you've either cropped the white space or remove the background entirely, you're still finding there is some white space in between your announcement bar and the logo, or the menu bar and the logo, let me know and we can look at opening a ticket. This will allow me to access your account and determine your eligibility before checking with our Theme Support Team to see if this is something we can assist you with.

I hope this information helps! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Shopify Partner
84 16 20

Hello @deano2727 

Please use this cropped logo and your issue will be fixed :)

Logo link : https://ibb.co/t4DY40m

Best Regards
Parth Bhut

............................................................................................................................

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: parth.bhut143@outlook.com [This is my PAYPAL too:) ]

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 0

Thanks for both your replies.

I used the image supplied by ParthBhut and tried cropping one myself, but that just makes the logo bigger, rather than reducing the white space. I was advised by some people in the past to make my logo smaller (it was the same bigger size before), so I would rather decrease the white space than increasing the logo size.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
84 16 20

Hello @deano2727 

Can you provide your store access so i can check this issue and fix it

Thanks

Parth Bhut

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
163 16 18

Hey @deano2727!

Have you tried cropping the image? This shouldn't increase the logo size, but rather cut off any extra space. If you're still having trouble, please let me know and we can see if we can find another solution for you.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes