Minimal theme - Menu bar - Dropdown menu - No link at top level

SanaV
Tourist
10 0 4

Hi,

Apologies for all the questions today! This is my first day trying to make any real customization to my shop, and I have been learning so much!

I am hoping to add a menu item with several links nested below it, but don't want the "upper level" (if that makes sense) text to be a link itself.

Currently my menu is:
Home - All Products - Info

Under Info, I want to link to various pages, but I don't need "Info" itself to link to anything. I don't want to have another page just for the sake of containing all those links.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you!

Reply 1 (1)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @SanaV 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a great question. When an item on your Navigation becomes the parent of a drop-down menu it is no longer clickable, this is for accessibility reasons more than anything! As you are using a Shopify Supported theme, Minimal, this would be the case for your store too. As soon as you set up the drop-down menu for Info, Info will no longer be clickable i.e. will not lead anywhere. 

Steps 

1. Go to Online Store > Navigation > Main Menu.

2. Click Add Menu Item and then add in the title, Info. For the link simply type # and select it as the link. 

3. You can then add the drop-down items as per this guide

You can see this in action on this video from my test store. Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

If you are getting prepared to launch your store soon I would definitely recommend taking a look at our Essential Shopify Store Launch Checklist before going live to make sure you don't miss anything. We also have this great Buyer Trust 101 post which goes through how to make your store more trustworthy to customers so that they will check out. 

All the Best,

Bo

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.