Minimal theme, missing off last product on collection page

Emma_Coles1
3 0 0

Using Minimal theme...I have just amended the code within Snippets product-grid-item.liquid and collection-grid-item.liquid to show 3 product per page instead of 4 full size, scaling down to 2 and then 1 product per row on responsive but it is now skipping off the final product from every page when at full screen (so shows 3 products, except on final row where it only shows 2).

Anyone have any insight as to why it's doing this?

Example: https://julia-curtis-beadwork.myshopify.com/collections/intermediate-necklace-kits?page=1

(p/w shewox)

0 Likes
Britton_Jenner
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
400 0 74

Hi Emma,

Britton here with the Shopify support team.

I think the culprit here is the pagination limit set by the Minimal theme. It is set to 20 by default as that makes for nice clean rows when you have 4 products per row, but as 3 is not a divisor of 20 you have run into issues!

Fortunately, this is super easy to change. Go to collection.liquid and at the top of the page change 

{% paginate collection.products by 20 %}

to instead say:

{% paginate collection.products by 21 %}

That should make it so your products always display a full row of three (except for the very last row maybe). Remember to back up your theme by duplicating before making any code changes.

I hope that helps!

-Britton

Britton Shopify Guru
Emma_Coles1
3 0 0

Awesome, thanks so much Britton. 

The pagination didn't even cross my mind as the issue. Nice easy fix though, so that's always good!

Thanks for the help and speedy reply.

Emma

0 Likes
DANLEY
2 0 0

Hi Britton,

I have the same Problem too.

The first page is missing 2 Items and the second page only one.

Changing pagination never does what it should. If i change it fro 22 to 24 it only shows 18 on the first page and about 30 on the second page.

0 Likes