Minimal theme mobile

Solved
3 0 0

Please Help!!! 

I re adjusted the collections on my page, I had 5 collections now I have 6, so I made it to show in the main page 3 and 3. After doing that I check the website mobile and the pictures of the collections look weird instead of showing by pairs 2,2 and 2, it is showing 2, 1, 2, 1. How can I make them look by pairs on mobile?

0 Likes

Hello 

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Content Writer | Digital Marketing | SEO Expert | Site Optimization | Web Design | Web Development
0 Likes
3 0 0
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
336 31 64

Hi, @Crisuro!

This is May from Shopify. Welcome to our Shopify Community!

Thank you for sharing your store link. I've got the chance to look into your store on mobile, and I am not seeing the issue that you mentioned. To clarify, are you referring to the products displayed on your home page? This is how the products are displayed on my mobile screen.

Looks like the products are displayed in pairs (2, 2, and 2). I've also looked into your other collection pages, and all of the products are displayed in pairs as well. Have you manage to fix the issue? If you haven't, perhaps try clearing out your browser cache and refresh the page. If you are referring to a different section or page on your store, please let me know and we can continue with our support. 

Best Regards,

May.

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0
Thanks
0 Likes
8 0 0

Hi May,

I am having the exact same problem. I changed from 5 collections to 6 and used two collection lists on my home page. I have the same issue on my mobile where it lists 2, 1, 2, 1.

I understand that Crisuro's resolved itself. Do you have any input as to how I can fix mine?

https://discovery-building-sets.myshopify.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
336 31 64

Hi, @JKunited!

Thank you for posting your question here and thanks for sending over a link! Since you are splitting your collections into two sections (3 collections in each section), it is expected that your output will be 2, 1, 2, 1. This is because the theme recognize each section as its own group, so when you view it on mobile, these collections shifted themselves according to their groups. 

In order to display them properly, we will want to extend the collection list limit so that you don't have to split your collections into two groups. To do this, you'll need to edit your theme code, but before you do so, I highly recommend duplicating your theme in case of any unintended results. Then, feel free to follow the tutorial below!

1. From your admin, go to 'Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit code'.

2. Open up 'collection-list.liquid'  inside 'Sections' folder.

3. Look up for this code {% endcase %} and paste the code below right above it.

{% when 6 %}
  {%- assign collection_item_width = 'medium-down--one-half one-third' -%}
{%- assign collection_width = 410 -%}

Your code should look like this:

4. Then, on the same file, scroll down to the schema, and find "max_blocks:", change the number to 6.

5. Click 'Save'.

After you save your changes, if you go to customize your theme, you should be able to add six collections in one go. The collection list should appear in a 3, 3 grid and on mobile, it should show 2, 2, 2 grid. For future reference, if you would like to change your collections list back to what you had before, you can always roll back to an older version of your theme. If you are not comfortable with making this change, I highly suggest reaching out to our Shopify ExpertsAlternatively, since you are using a theme supported by Shopify, our theme developers may be able to look into making this change if your account is eligible!

Let me know how that goes. If you have any followup questions, feel free to reply back to this thread!

Cheers!

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
8 0 0

Hi May,

It worked perfectly!

Thank you!

0 Likes