Mixed fonts in product description (Supply theme)

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Dear All,

I am in the process of building my Shopify store and have added extra content to my product descriptions.

However, when I visit my store I can see my additional text is a completely different font to the pre-written product descriptions.

Can anyone advise how I can ensure my additional text matches the font of the pre-written product descriptions?

Regards,

Kevin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
400 49 87

Hey, @gratifi!

My name is Lizzy and I’m from the support team at Shopify.

It sounds like there may be something within your Rich Text Editor which is adjusting the font for part of your product description. Where this will most often appear is within the HTML section of the editor. You can switch to that mode by clicking here:

19-53-mxotu-c0b8g

Once in there you'll want to look for any HTML tags around the text that are altering the font-family. It will look something like this, if there is:

19-58-ixslb-d4rfg

Removing the font-family will set this text back to the default font you have set up on your store. Where did you originally copy this text from? Was there any code attached at the time?

Other than this, how is everything going with your store so far? Have you been finding Shopify helpful in running your business online?

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Lizzy

Thanks for the prompt response.

I originally copied the draft from Word (docx).  Presumably it's copied the formatting from there and I guess I'm going to have to change the HTML in each product individually?

Regarding my store, I'm getting there :-)   just awaiting my merchant account setup.

Regards,

Kevin

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
400 49 87

You're welcome, Kevin!

If you've added the text into each product's description separately, it would need to be adjusted in each, yes. One thing you could try is pasting the text into the text editor, and set it to paste matching the style of any existing text there. On a Mac device you can do this by pressing Shit+Cmnd+v to paste and match style and on a Windows you can do this by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+v.

If it's faster for you to re-paste the text instead of tweaking all of the HTML, that could be a good solution!

I'm glad to hear it's coming along! Building a business takes time and there are so many details to consider. Do you mean a merchant account for a payment provider? Which gateway have you decided to go with for your store?

Lizzy

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Lizzy

I've already downloaded the font, updated my word document and am in the process of copy/pasting all the descriptions one at a time (I agree its simpler, just I have almost 200 products listed, so it's a little long)  :-)

Yes was talking about payment processing. I would have liked to have used Shopify payments but I'm based in France so I have chosen 2Checkout.

Regards,

Kevin

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
400 49 87

Hey, Kevin!

Perfect! Ah yes, that is quite a few. I hope you were able to get the text included okay.

Oh I see, I'm glad to hear you were able to pick a different option. That being said, we do use the feedback that we find from merchants in the forums to help shape our future releases, so what I'll do is share your situation with our development team! That way they can know that there are business in France who would like the option to use Shopify Payments.

You can keep an eye on our Changelog to see when we add new features or options to Shopify! The Changelog is on this page here.

Thank you!

Lizzy

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Thanks Lizzy,

I will keep an eye out for changes.

In the meantime (now I have a matching font) I'll continue working through the list of products.

Many thanks for confirming the approach.

Have a great rest of the week,

Kevin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
400 49 87

Thanks very much Kevin!

I hope you do as well. Don't hesitate to reach out again, any time you have a question.

Lizzy

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi Lizzy,

I hope you are well?

During our discussion we briefly touched on the Shopify Payments being unavailable in France.

I've managed to get stared with Amazon Pay, though I believe my application was still under review (so I'm limited to a certain volume).

Can you point me to the correct Shopify forum to find other sellers based in France, with a view discovering other payment processing solutions for my Shopify store.

Or, if you can think of on where the possibility of acceptance is likely (both Stripe and 2Checkout rejected my applications).

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
400 49 87

Hi Kevin!

I am thank you, I hope you're well too! I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble setting up a payment provider. Do you mind if I ask what sort of products you have for sale in your store, as this can sometimes limit the options available for payment gateways.

I also wanted to share this link with you, as it lists all of the available gateway options to businesses based in France! 

I wasn't able to find a specific board on payment options for businesses in France, however we do have a French language forum, which you can find here.

I hope you're able to find an option that helps there!

Lizzy

1 Like