Mobile menus not working when desktop equivalent does

3 0 0

Hi

Does anyone know why the drop down menus on my site work ok when i'm looking at it on my PC but not when I'm using my mobile?

The store is: https://ionabuchanan.com/ and the website is responsive, soo the menu is the same one in both cases. 

the mobile menus don't work when there is a sub menu below it.  When there is only one category in a menu (e.g. noticeboards) it works fine on both.  When there is a sub menu (e.g. cushions - bird cushions) it falls down. 

Anyone know what's happening here?  Any help greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
524 1 72

Hey, Mark!

I'm Alex, with the Shopify team!

Thanks for reaching out! Hmm, I see. It looks like the theme that you're using has been designed to show a mobile menu that drops down when you click on the menu heading, and you'd like the option to be taken to what you've linked in that header, correct? 

This looks like it's an intentional design choice by the developer of this theme - there are several themes that offer a mobile menu that allow you to both click on a menu item and to expand the dropdown. To show some examples, this is how it would work for Brooklyn and for Supply. That being the case, there's a few options I can suggest:

• You could reach out to your theme's developer for assistance; it's possible there's a change you can make in your theme's settings to allow this, and if not, they may be able to suggest a workaround.
  • If they're not able to help, you could check out other themes that might work for you in our theme store - you're able to search for the features that are most important to you in a theme, and if you're interested in a paid option, you can always preview it in your store to make sure it'll suit your needs before committing to purchasing.
  • Finally, if you really like the theme that you've currently got, you could consider introducing this change with expert help. Using a menu app might be a good workaround for you, or if you prefer, you could reach out to one of our third-party experts for hire for assistance - they'd be able to customize your theme's code, and can get that theme to function precisely as you'd like it to!

Hope that's helped! Please feel free to let me know, and you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Mark,  I'm having the same issue with my store currently: menu pulldown works on desktop, including in mobile view in editing my theme, but does not work on actual mobile devices. Shopify reviewed with me today, but said they are unable to resolve, and my theme has been customized. Unfortunately, the developer who built the store for me is no longer available to me. Could you perhaps describe how you resolved your similar issue, if you in fact did. In advance, thank you.

0 Likes