Mobile video slideshow play button

Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 0

Hi, 

I am using the "video slide" in the "slideshow section" (Narrative theme). The video auto-plays on the desktop view and it does not play on the mobile view. I found in the forms that mobile prevents auto-play videos for data-use reasons. I found a solution in the forms: 

"If you'd like to display this video for your mobile users as well, there is an option that you can use, however!  In your theme customization screen, click on that video slide and change the option in the 'Style' menu to 'Background video with play button. Once selected, a play button will display beneath your text, and the video will automatically play on desktop.  On mobile, a static image will appear, but will also include the play button if your customer chooses to watch the video!

This video setup would work for me, the problem is there is no "style" menu under video slide. Is there anything I can add to the code to make this work?

Thank you for the help!

0 Likes

Hello 

Please share your site url.

You are working on which theme?

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Custom Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Web Development
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi, same here, i would like to play my video on the mobile as well is on desktop, please help

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
85 9 12

Hi @andskib,

Please share your website URL, then I will able to help.
Or shoot me an email denisaksutik@gmail.com

Shopify help
denisaksutik@gmail.com
1 Like
1 0 0

Hi! I would love some help on mine as well. Mobile video not working but desktop is!

-Rachel

@Denis_A wrote:

Hi @andskib,

Please share your website URL, then I will able to help.
Or shoot me an email denisaksutik@gmail.com

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi I need help as well playing the video slideshow for Mobile in the Narrative theme. 

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi, I've the same problem.

I want a looping video background autplayed in the slideshow for narrative theme.

I tried to create one manually by uploading a video and placed it in a "custom html" but i can't place it above the slideshow in the narrative theme so that option was no success.

So, is there anyone out there that has a solution on the video slideshow for mobile since it's almost 80-90% today that uses mobile first?

Thanks! Br, Jesper

0 Likes
1 0 0

hey! I'm having the same issue... did you get any help with this?

0 Likes
4 0 0
Hi, No i didnt recieve any help here. Think its possible with some custom HTML in debut theme but havent tried it yet. Br, Jesper
0 Likes