Modify Minimal Product Page Layout

jmpower3
Tourist
7 0 0

I'm new to Shopify so forgive me if this is a somewhat basic question. We are setting up a site for our new publishing company and there are a few things we'd like to modify on the Minimal Theme Product Page:

- I would like to be able to modify the column widths so that the left hand column containing the product is only a third of the page width and the product image reduced to the new width of that column

- I would also like all the product details below the image while the description text fills the right hand column (since this is for a book site there is a generous amount of copy to go here).

- We would also prefer NOT to use the lightbox feature on the product image and instead have selected spreads from the books included as images stretching the width of the right hand column  beneath the description text on the right hand column allowing us to scroll down through the images rather than clicking through a lightbox. I know I can include images in the description but Shopify seems to limit the width of these images to only 480px whereas we'll want them the full width of the modified right hand column.

I know the Boundless theme product page is more or less along the lines of this but the rest of the pages and the visual look is not what we want. I've tried using Pagefly to rebuild it but the last section becomes problematic (not to mention having to pay for it!). Hope you can throw some light as to whether or not its feasible in the first place. Many thanks

0 Likes
HardikDavra
Shopify Partner
1870 297 813

for this, I need to analyze your website and then I can give you any solution.
So  Please provide website url and if your store is password protected then also provide password.

Want to customize Shopify storefront? Check the PageFly app
75,000+ Active Shopify merchants. TOP5 best Shopify Apps.

Contact Me On : parambabla.soft@gmail.com
0 Likes
jmpower3
Tourist
7 0 0

Thanks for replying so promptly. I have a simple test site running here with a sample product page:

https://johnsnewtestsite.myshopify.com/products/simons-book?variant=39537452908714

pw: DurerTest%

I've also uploaded a jpg image into the media folder of approximately how I would like the layout to be.
Many thanks

0 Likes