Modify "Add to Cart" to direct to Email Collector

1 0 0

Hi all,

I'm looking to run something like a 'smoke test' for my website and want to modify the 'add to cart' button on my product's page to direct people to a contact form to grab email addresses instead of going to check out. I am using the Jumpstart theme.

Can someone let me know if they've done this before or knows how to? 

Thanks!

LR

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 103

Hey, @LR3 !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you and welcome to our Community here.

That sounds like a good idea to help get some feedback and insight for your brand. There is the option to set this up from within your theme's code. You can either replace the 'add to cart' button with either an email link, or contact form and it should indeed work with the Jumpstart theme - you'll just need to follow the instructions under 'sectioned' themes.

What you could also do is set this up within an alternate template. This way, when you would like to display the 'Add to cart' button once again, you can then switch back to the original template from within your product page.

I hope this helps, though do feel free to let me know if you have any questions or need a hand at all.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes