Modify text on dynamic checkout buttons

AlexAM
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello, im making a store with a non-common lenguage from a little state of Spain called Catalan.

This lenguage is nowhere in sight at shopify, so my shop and my theme are both in Spanish (i made the translation to catalan in the "edit lenguage" tab).

Now i have almost everything in catalan, but i want to translate the dynamic buttons but i do not know how.

Help! 

Replies 6 (6)

Spinturnix
Shopify Expert
73 18 16

Hey AlexAm,

Which theme are you using? Also, please provide the store's URL.

AlexAM
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Spinturnix.

Im using the Venture them

Spinturnix
Shopify Expert
73 18 16

Hey @AlexAM

After a bit of research, I've found there's currently no solution for editing the accelerated checkout buttons. These buttons are loaded from the Shopify core and not the theme, so we have no way of modifying them at the moment.

Reference: https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Translate-text-on-dynamic-checkout-buttons/m-p/587350...

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance here!

AlexAM
Tourist
6 0 1

dont worry, thanks

arslananwer03
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

you can do that using CSS 

Just add a before pseudo class to the dynamic button and add text in content and give it a higher index 

What it will do ? it will hide the actual text underneath it and show the text you want here is the code

button.shopify-payment-button__button::after {
    content: 'JETZT ZUR KASSE';
    position: absolute;
    left: 50%;
    top: 50%;
    transform: translate(-50%,-50%);
    z-index: 1;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    display: flex;
    justify-content: center;
    align-items: center;
    background:#f6a429;
}
button.shopify-payment-button__button:hover:after {
    color:#fff;
}

the selector of button can be changed depending on your theme naming paremeters this is for prestige theme 

Want to connect with me for Shopify project or shopify bug fix click the any of the links below

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~015d8e72cc486ef142
Plami
Tourist
6 0 7

Hello, your suggestion worked great but I could not save it. Can you please let me know if I am missing something? The theme we use is Prestige. I have copied the code you gave, pasted it in the CSS in the Product page section, changed the content and the color - and it appeared just as I want it, but when I try to save the changes it says that the "editor session could not be published".