Modifying cookies in classic theme

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi,

I've recently installed cookie consent from sitebeam to make my store EU law compliant, however I also need to modify the javascript elements that enable cookies, so that the program can enable or disable those cookies, depending on consent. However I can't seem to find which .css file it's in. I think I'm aware of what needs to be done once I find the files, if the sitebeam help page is right. Which is as follows:

Modify your site

Social media

1. Find any Javascript elements that set Social media cookies. Examples might include Facebook buttons and Twitter widgets.
  2. Modify the <script> tag so that the type attribute is "text/plain" rather than "text/javascript"
  3. Add a class of "cc-onconsent-social" to the <script> tag

See example

It didn't work!

Analytics

1. Find any Javascript elements that set Analytics cookies. Examples might include Google Analytics and StatCounter.
  2. Modify the <script> tag so that the type attribute is "text/plain" rather than "text/javascript"
  3. Add a class of "cc-onconsent-analytics" to the <script> tag

See example

It didn't work!

Strictly necessary

1. Find any Javascript elements that set Strictly necessary cookies. Examples might include Google Analytics and StatCounter.
  3. Add a class of "cc-onconsent-necessary" to the <script> tag

See example

It didn't work!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Alan S.

Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 2

I'm having the same problem and would really like a solution.

Alan, have you been able to find the relevant bits of code to modify?

------
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I know this is a few years old, but was anyone able to find a solution?

0 Likes