Modifying homepage links directly to product page

neslex
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi All,

Small issue, I would like to point my homepage links directly to the product page (/products/[productslug]), instead it links via /collections/frontpage which is a duplicate of the product page. Whilst this page does have a canonical page back to the correct product URL it's rather unnecessary and a direct link to the product page would be better for SEO purposes (especially as I have multiple sites across multiple regions with hreflang).

I am currently using Debut theme.

Example of the product links from the homepage:

https://domain.com/collections/frontpage/products/[productslug]

This is how I am showing the product links on my homepage:

neslex_0-1627977074971.png

Replies 5 (5)

neslex
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi all, any ideas? I've seen a few other debut themes sites that do not have this problem. 

neslex
Tourist
4 0 1

Bump - surly this is doable.

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hi @neslex.

Tira here. I saw your post earlier this week and was working on a response for you before I was out of the office, I am now back and here to help.

Thank you for these details, this is helpful. Featured collections in the Debut theme are meant to feature a collection, and they can help you promote sales and new collections.

I understand that you are using the Debut theme and that you want to make sure your featured collection links directly to the product page for your products. Is that right?

If so, do you have a link or a photo to an example of what you would like this to look like? You mentioned that you've seen some other Debut themes with this feature, do you have a link to those pages?

I would love to take a look and provide you with some resources to help you with what you want to do.

Chat soon,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

neslex
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Tira, nevermind I was able to do it with custom content and adding a product block. Thanks!

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Thanks for the update, @neslex. I'm so glad to hear that you were able to figure this out on your own. 

Cheers, 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.