Modifying product quantity to accept less than 1

1 0 0

Hi there, 

i am in the process of setting up a shop but need to be able to sell quantities less than 1 (I.e. .1-.9 plus integer values. I tried changing the min on the quantity under product.liquid to .1 but it's not computing right in the cart. I'm using the Minimal theme. Any help is appreciated!

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
2000 13 313

You cannot sell a quantity that is not an integer. That means you can sell 1, 2, 3, or 311 of something. Or 420. Or 999. But no, not 0.1, 0.2 or 16.897 of anything.

If you want to sell 0.1 of something you have to convert that to 1. So if someone puts 1 in their cart, they are buying 0.1. A 0.9 is 9. 

This is similar to a unit price. When you need to sell a random amount of something, say the length and width of a picture frame, you collect the total number of inches and then conver to an integer and sell as $/per inch. 

So whatever you sell... you have to sell it in units of integer value. In your case... just price 0.1 as 1 etc... so really this exercise for you is one of pricing and words to explain things to customers, not collecting a quantity of 0.1, 0.2 or 5.4 which will never work with Shopify.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
81 0 11

I'll move this to Shopify Design

0 Likes