Motion theme: Pop-up on front page

Solved
Tourist
7 1 0

Hi all,

I have a question regarding pop-ups and exit pops. I would like to make some kind of exit pop on my site www.opheliainvest.dk where my customers can get a free e-book if they sign up to my newsletter.

I use the motion theme, and I noticed that it's possible to make a pop-up in the customization section.

However, I have some questions.

1. I can't see the tools to edit the details on when and where the pop-up will show. I would like to create the pop-up so that it only shows if customers move the cursor towards closing the tab. Would this be possible to do without using an app?
  2. How would I integrate a pop-up made in the motion theme with Mailchimp, so that whoever sign up they get the automated e-mail with the e-book straght away? 

Thank you

0 Likes
Trailblazer
529 129 170
This is Evita from On The Map.

1. If you are a coder then maybe it's possible, by triggering the popup by arrow coordinates, but thats really advanced stuff. If you meant browser closing tag.
2. You can search for other popup apps, to send automated e-mail, you can try this -https://apps.shopify.com/mailchimp-forms
or make it by yourself, using API and Javascript.

Best,
Evita

On The Map Marketing | Developing custom Shopify Sites & Apps is our thing

- Install our latest app Accessibly - Makes your store accessible for everyone, helps to avoid fines
- Inc 5000 | Shopify Parners | 20+ stores launched | 300+ active clients
- Need help with your Shopify store? Reach out to us!
1 Like

Success.

Hi @opheliainvest,

You can use the pop-up provided by Mailchimp, and set it to display on exit:

mailchimp-popup-on-exit.png

There are 2 ways to add the Mailchimp pop-up to your website.

1. Without any app: copy the code snippet generated by Mailchimp, and paste it at the bottom of your theme.liquid file, right above the closing </body> tag.

2. Install ShopSync, connect it to your Mailchimp account, and then all you need is to hit the Publish button on the pop-up settings page - it will add the code snippet automatically.

Hope that helps,
Lukasz

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 1 0

Thanks a lot both of you :)

0 Likes