Solved

Move Collection description underneath the product list

Tiyaya89
Tourist
10 0 0

Hello,

I am using the Ella theme from themforest. Our collections decription is currently showing on top of our products: https://www.clozila.com/collections/face-mask and  we would like to move the collection descriptions underneath the products so that you see the products first and the description at the bottom of page instead. Would someone please assist with doing so on the ELLA theme from theme forest?

Thank You

Accepted Solution (1)
JohnFromJotting
Shopify Partner
665 94 132

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Tiyaya89,

You need to go to the collection-template.liquid file (Assuming ella has the same naming as debut), find the

<div class="section-header text-center">
</div>

and put it under

<div class="mt-5 pagination-wrapper text-center">
</div>

If you can't get it working, pm me I could do it for you

Check out my blog for some awesome Shopify, SEO and Social Media Marketing content.

To hire me, visit my Upwork profile

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
12279 2546 3693

@Tiyaya89 

Please check sections/collection-template.liquid file code and move description code after pagination. I don't have an idea about the Ella theme file.

If you provide code here so I can check if the description code is there and tell you where you can move it.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution | Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com |  Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Check here PageFly App to customize your pages | #1 Product Filter & Search app on Shopify | The most powerful Shopify page builder app

UmairA
Shopify Partner
1106 101 225

Hi @Tiyaya89 ,

Go to Edit theme code > Sections > collection-template.liquid file. Copy all the code from the file and post it here, so I can take a look and tell you what to do. You'll have to swap a block of code and everything will work as you want. Thanks

JohnFromJotting
Shopify Partner
665 94 132

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Tiyaya89,

You need to go to the collection-template.liquid file (Assuming ella has the same naming as debut), find the

<div class="section-header text-center">
</div>

and put it under

<div class="mt-5 pagination-wrapper text-center">
</div>

If you can't get it working, pm me I could do it for you

Check out my blog for some awesome Shopify, SEO and Social Media Marketing content.

To hire me, visit my Upwork profile

Tiyaya89
Tourist
10 0 0

Thank you so much for your help. It helped and we really appreciate your assistance!

YounesJulieva
Visitor
1 0 0

Can you tell me what you changed exactly? I can't find it (same Ella theme as you have..) I understand that out of the info they gave you, you found it yourself, but I cant..

Thanks in advance!

wesleyjwalker
Excursionist
14 0 5

@JohnFromJotting This approach moves both the description and the page title below the fold for Ella. How can we move just the description?

Thanks in advance

RaghavDev22
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRhGc6bkOiM

You can just watch the video and I hope it will solve the issue.

Thanks & Regards

ClaudiaAbidar
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi! 

I have the same problem. I want to put the category text below the product collection, but I am using the Warehouse theme, in this case what would the code look like?

Thanks a lot

RaghavDev22
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi,

Have you tried to search the file and search the description code in the collection file.

And you can also share the code for the collection page.

Thanks & Regards

ClaudiaAbidar
Visitor
2 0 0

Yes, but the "description" is not in the code. This subject is different from Ella. I don't know how to share the code with you. What part do you need specifically?