Moving text position

Solved
Highlighted
5 0 0

So iv got the basic's down with general layout and shopify set-up. Products show up well on phones but on a computer the description text is positioned to the right, how do I get it under product images?. Im not the best with editing the code but I should be able to follow instructions if someone can help out. thanks! (venture theme)

Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 12.23.05 AM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

help please

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2472 129 406

@KurtMatthews in themes with layouts like this you would need to extract the product description to a new area of code.

What's going on currently is the layout is in 2 columns, so the description isn't to the right  it's just in the 2nd column.

So keep in mind if you just move the description to the 1st column with images then on mobile devices the description then appear directly under the images before the prices and add to cart button,etc.

Also there is nothing wrong with whitespace it's just being exacerbated by the excess bundle upsells.

If you need professional help I can be hired at paull.newton+shopifyforums@gmail.com 

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

That solution sounds like it would work for me. It would be great if someone could tell me what code to put where to make it like that

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
151 22 24

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @KurtMatthews,

Go to Online Store -> Themes -> Actions -> Edit Code -> Sections -> product-template.liquid

There are two columns. First is for images and section is for form and description. This is example form Brooklyn theme.

Two columnsTwo columns

Find this description and cut it from second column and paste it in first column before closing div.

product descriptionproduct description

If you are using any other theme pls let me know

If It solves your problem, Please Like and Accept Solution.
Do you need Shopify customization and custom work on your store? Hire me.
Feel free to Contact me on pankajtechcode@gmail.com
Highlighted
5 0 0

@Pankaj_Gupta thank you, I am using venture theme, would this still be the same? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
151 22 24

Hi @KurtMatthews,

In venture theme, two columns are 

screenshot-venture-two-columns.png

other things are same. Pls follow my previous post instructions.

If It solves your problem, Please Like and Accept Solution.
Do you need Shopify customization and custom work on your store? Hire me.
Feel free to Contact me on pankajtechcode@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thank you @Pankaj_Gupta !! I have it edited how i wanted it!

0 Likes