Multiple pages using the same page template

jt18
Tourist
3 0 2

Simple question, probably not a simple answer. 

Can you create a new template and build several pages using that template?

For example: a page template that has a few specific sections, that doesn't replicate the same content over multiple pages, but allows customisation in each page independently. 

Thanks, 

Replies 8 (8)

JohnFromJotting
Shopify Partner
665 94 132

Hi @jt18 

You certainly can, you can create different product page templates. On the right-hand column of the product customization page, there is an option to change your page liquid, if you have more than 1 for a product page. It wont show unless you have multiple templates for the product page

Defineify_0-1604400177153.png

Check out my blog for some awesome Shopify, SEO and Social Media Marketing content.

To hire me, visit my Upwork profile

jt18
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi, thanks for the reply! 

Would this work for non-product pages? For example a content page with text and images etc. Could I apply the new product template to a content page and apply multiple pages to that template?

Thanks

Jasoliya
Shopify Expert
4817 623 1219

Hi @jt18 

You can not use product temple section to any other section, you have to create separate page template for that and then add section to page,

You can follow this video.

Want custom changes? hire me.
3 months of Shopify for $1/month. Look here.
Email us Or WhatsApp, Try our Free app for product bundles and Codify Order Cancel or Order edit
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here
jt18
Tourist
3 0 2

Hey, 

Yes that's what I've been doing: creating a new template AND new sections for each page. 

What I'd like is to be able to create a template that I can re-use for multiple pages, with unique content in each of the attached sections.

Jasoliya
Shopify Expert
4817 623 1219

NO you can not use same template with different section on each page, for that you have to create new section for and new template for each pages. 

Want custom changes? hire me.
3 months of Shopify for $1/month. Look here.
Email us Or WhatsApp, Try our Free app for product bundles and Codify Order Cancel or Order edit
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here
margearet
Visitor
1 0 0

thank you for your reply in this thread, how do we create a new section and new template?  i appreciate your time!

sachinr1013
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi @jt18 I was figuring out the solution for the same. I have multiple pages probably 6+ non product pages, I thought there will be solution to use only one template for these all pages, but unfortunately I got to know that there is no way in Shopify to do this. I wonder why there is no option in Shopify for this. We have to create template for each page seperately. I am beginner in Shopify development. I got an another way of doing this using Metafields. You can use metafield Guru app for this, so you can use same template. I hope it will solve problem of another people as I got this question on forum little bit late.

Dicson
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi @sachinr1013 please give some examples or a Tutorial link. It will more helpful for all.