My Cookie Pop-Up is not removeable from my page.

Shopify Partner
14 0 0

Hello :)

I have had an App for a Cookie pop up. I also used another app that already had these feature built in. But now i deleted these two apps but the Cookie pop-ups are still there. I i dont know which apps that was ;( Is there a chance to delete the code manually?

This is my page www.malique.co

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
524 1 68

Hey, Laura!

I'm Alex, with the Shopify team!

Ah, I see! Yes, absolutely that code can be removed manually - you can access your theme's code by going in your admin to online store > themes and clicking on actions. Select edit code, and you'll be taken to a screen where you can edit that code - there's more details available in our guide right over here!

If you'd never gone into your theme's code before, I'd suggest reaching out to the developers of those apps for help in determining what code needs to be removed - each app is created differently, and the devs that created that app are the best resource for finding out what's been changed in your code.

Hope that's helped! Please feel free to let me know, and you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
14 0 0

Hello,

i installed lots of apps and deinstalled them when i set up the shop. So i dont know which app it was. But i thought, when i delete an app, everything is deleted also the code they come up with.

Best regards

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
524 1 68

Hello again!

Ideally, that's the case, though sometimes apps do have leftover code that needs to be removed manually. I've visited your site now and I see two popups; one for a newsletter signup and one for cookies. It looks as though the mail popup is coming from Privy, and the cookie notification from AdRoll - if you don't have those currently installed, I'd suggest reaching out to the devs of those apps for help in removing them.

If you're not able to determine where this behaviour is coming from, you could always reinstall a fresh copy of your theme, without any app modifications made; you would in that case have to reinstall any apps that involve code changes that you actually want to keep.

If neither of those solutions are going to work for you, I'd suggest reaching out to a third-party expert for hire; they'll be able to examine the code of your theme, and eliminate any unwanted behaviour on your site. We've got a listing of them right over here

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

0 Likes