My Theme Editor broke when I added a new section

Arely_Miramonte
4 0 0

My Theme Editor won't load, and it stays frozen witht the gray boxes. So I can't add/remove sections. Any help would be appreciated!

The theme I am using is Retina (Out of the Sandbox)

0 Likes
Liam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
651 18 246

Hi Arely!

Liam here from Shopify - thank you for your question :)

It is sounding like here that some custom content may have been added to one of your sections which could have been missing some code, for example a closing </div> tag. Could you post a link to your store here so we could take a closer look? If this is being caused but some rogue code, your Theme Developer may need to fix this by adjust the code from the back-end. If so you would be looking to contact your Theme Developer at this link. 

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions, just let me know!

Cheers,
Liam

Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

Liam | Developer Community Manager @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
shoper2shoper
2 0 0

Hi, I am also facing the same issue. My site url is https://www.shoper2shoper.com/

Please check and update.

0 Likes

Hello @shoper2shoper,

Can you please tell me which code did you added??

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution. Free Website Review and advice for sale from Hire us
Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
For Quick Chat Whats app | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Skype : oscprofessionals-87
0 Likes
shoper2shoper
2 0 0

I did lots of changes, can't recollect the one which caused this issue.

0 Likes
NP_BGTYL
Tourist
4 0 0

I am having this same problem right now.  Can anyone help with a solution? Preferably one that I can do on my own.  I've tried uninstalling recent apps to see if it fixes itself but no such luck.

0 Likes
outsidergarage
1 0 0

Also having this same issue. editor won't load.

0 Likes
Bookstore12345
2 0 0

I am experiencing the same issue. Did anyone find a solution to this at all? This is very inconvenient as I need to change some sections on the home page but cannot do so. I just changed my websites font and this happened. Now through every device I log into my account I am met with this problem. My store is shopmilkstore.com

Really hope someone from shopify can fix this for me ASAP.

0 Likes
Bookstore12345
2 0 0

I am experiencing the same issue. Did anyone find a solution to this at all? This is very inconvenient as I need to change some sections on the home page but cannot do so. I just changed my websites font and this happened. Now through every device I log into my account I am met with this problem. My store is shopmilkstore.com and I am using one of shopifys free themes.

Really hope someone from shopify can fix this for me ASAP.

0 Likes
N4Studio
1 0 0

I'm having a similar problem. The loading bar only gets about 1/3 across the screen and all editing capabilities are grey and frozen. 

0 Likes