My added products won't follow the display code

Solved
Tourist
9 1 0

I added a product to my Brooklyn themed store and it won't show the price color, sezzle widget, or compare at price changes i put in weeks ago. It's all back to default theme on the products i add, but the ones that were there since those changes remain with these changes. PLEASE HELP. I can't find anyone with the same issue!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
314 46 86

Hi - That sounds odd because adding products should make no difference to how it renders compared to others. I can see though from your previous posts that you have been making some theme changes. Did you make anything conditional e.g. if product has this tag or is in this collection? just thinking that the most obvious is that you have some value set like a tag on the other products but not this newly added one.

Only other thing is if you a using a different page template for that product.

Failing above triggering a lightbulb moment, post a URL of a working product and the URL of a non-working product and we'll see if we can spot what's going on from the frontend.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9812 92 1575

Sounds like you’ve added some custom code to your theme, and not you’re saying it’s not showing? That’s hard for the forum members to troubleshoot since we can’t see the code.

Now if there are still some products showing the new code you added:

• Is there a certain tag on the products that doesn’t exist on the products not showing the custom code? If so, perhaps the code used a tag to determine when it should show.
  • Did you create an alternate template for the customer code and you’ve just not set the new product to use that template?

Got an example link to a product with the custom code in place and link to a product without.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
314 46 86

@Jason great minds think alike :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 1 0

I don't see any differences in tags or anything in the description for the just added product and previous products. Here are the url's, first is the one not working, 2nd is what im trying to get for that.

https://fuegcheck.com/products/iced-beans-chain?_pos=1&_sid=1626c617b&_ss=r

https://fuegcheck.com/collections/chains-%E2%9B%93/products/clustered-tennis-chain?_sc=1&design_them...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
314 46 86

Maybe i'm not seeing it but at first glance they look the same to me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 1 0

you don't notice the compare at price gone on the first?? And you see the sezzle widget on the first?? Some parts of the edited theme are the fine but those few small ones that aren't are very urgent fixes. Please look closer or send me a screenshot because I can see the differences on different browsers and incognito

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 1 0

all I typically do is import through oberlo without changing any code. The last code ive changed for any design stuff was over a few weeks ago. I'm not well versed with code so this poses a really big problem for me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
314 46 86

I can't see a Sezzle widget on either. And in terms of compare at price, just assumed you hadn't set one on that product (I take it you have added a compare at price for that product?)

Here's what I see:

Clustered Tennis Chain – Fueg Check1.jpgIced Beans Chain – Fueg Check2.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Tourist
9 1 0

Hey so I forgot to input the compare at price for that product. The changes seemed to automatically fix themselves for the price color and sezzles widget after i added a compare at price for the variants. Very strange but i guess that was the tag being referred. Thank you!

0 Likes