My collection is being added to the wrong featured collection On Debut

laylamama1
2 0 0

I have in error added multiple collections in the homepage sidebar.

I am trying to populate the main one, the one which already has a collection category in it, but attempting to add another category to the same collection is not working. It is being pushed to another collection.

I cannot figure it out!

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
865 60 252

Hi, @laylamama1

My name is Rae, and I work for Shopify.

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you're running into with your Debut theme, and I'm happy to lend a hand. 

To clarify, are you trying to add multiple collections into a single featured collection section? If so, this section type is designed to showcase products within one collection only, but you can add multiple featured collection sections to your theme. To do this, just follow these steps: 

1. Log in to your Shopify admin 
  2. Click on 'Online store > Themes' 
  3. Click 'Customize' beside your Debut theme 
  4. This will open up the theme editor, where you can scroll down in the lefthand sidebar and click 'Add section > Featured collection' 

However, if you'd like to display several different collections in one list, I recommend using the collection list section instead. This section offers the option to display two to five sections in a row on your homepage. 

If the above options aren't quite what you're looking for, please feel free to reply back to me here with some screenshots, or a screen recording, that shows which change you're trying to make. That way, I can look into this further and help determine the best way to set this up on your site. 

I hope to hear back from you about this soon! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes