My main product image is a video. How do I display something different on homepage and collections?

dwassner
Tourist
23 0 3

my site is wholesaleblocks.com

The first and second media for every product page are 2 videos.

I would like the 3rd product image to be the one that is displayed on homepage and collections.

Right now, the image showing on homepage and collections is a random image from the video and it looks really bad.

FWIW - I tried using the ideal image as the alt text of the first video, but this did not change anything. I also tried changing the thumbnail for the video on YouTube but this also had no impact. I have also tried giving the image the alt text of the YouTube link, but this seems to also have no impact.

My theme is Motion and I recently updated it to the newest version about 2 months ago.

thank you

0 Likes
NerdCurator
Shopify Partner
228 46 70

@dwassner It would need customization to implement this feature, Unfortunately, there is no simple solution otherwise I will be happy to help you. I would suggest hiring a Shopify expert to assist you OR feel free to contact me.

Believes in delivering optimizing web solutions | Shopify Partner | Working as a web developer for last 8+ years.
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Email me: info@nerdcurator.com
0 Likes
dwassner
Tourist
23 0 3

thank you. So anytime a video is used as the first image of a product, it will always use a random shot from the video as the feature image on homepage? That seems bizarre to me that Shopify made the videos a native option, but did not consider how to actually make them look good enough to be functional...

0 Likes