My sites header and body part is broken due to the recent theme editor update. What to do now?

Tito_xp007
6 0 0

Hi, recently shopify has updated the theme editor. Due to that update my websites header is completely broken in both desktop and mobile. Also have some problem on the body as well. Here is my sites URL: yalmeh.com

Also all of my previous theme customization option on the editor has dissappeared. I contacted witht he Shopify support, but no luck. What can i do now?

Replies 3 (3)

g33kgirl
Shopify Partner
390 109 143

Hi @Tito_xp007 sorry to hear that your website is broken. Shopify updating the theme editor cannot break your website. 

Had you taken a backup of the theme?

If you found my answer helpful, please LIKE and ACCEPT.
buymeacoffee.com/g33kgirl
If you're not comfortable with code, please modify code files at your own risk.
Tito_xp007
6 0 0

Yes, i have all the backups. But actually not only the current version is broken, but all the themes version i have is broken too. 

Martin91
6 0 0

This happened to me too. Backups does not solve the problem. Did you find a solution to this? 

I've heard about the Shopify theme editor updates breaking themes before, so it is indeed possible. I just came back from vacation, having a colleague taking care of orders only, no one has touched the editor or any code. Now the header menu is different, and when you go to a category, the images does not show. 

If no solution yet, any ideas to get this solved easily?