NAVIGATION NOT WORKING

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 4

Hi! It appears out drop downs on our navigation bar are not working- our shop is elisabeth-rose-social-stationery.myshopify.com. 

Can someone help me understand why this is happening and how I can fix it?

THANKS SO MUCH.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Elisabethrose,

The navigation bar is not working because the navigation items are links. What is the desired action to make the dropdown appear, a hover or a click?

Right now when you click on "Lifestyle" it will take you to the collection rather than displaying the dropdown. Let me know which would be best and I can advise you on how to proceed.

Thank you,
Kyle Kopelke

Let's get Shopify figured out together. Get live USA-based customer service for your current or upcoming web project.

We offer free and paid Shopify support.
Monday - Friday | 9 AM — 5 PM EST
Email: hello@freshnarrative.io | tel: (443) 345-8162
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 4

Hi @FreshNarrative !

The desired action is for the drop down to appear when you hover of the section! It was set up and working correctly a few days ago. I just noticed it stopped working. 

Thanks so much!

Best,

Elisabeth Rose 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Add the following to the bottom of your 'theme.scss' file.

li.has-dropdown:hover .navigation-submenu{
     display: block;
}

Let me know if you need assistance!

Thank you,

Kyle 

Let's get Shopify figured out together. Get live USA-based customer service for your current or upcoming web project.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Thread 

Im new to the community but ended up here as im looking to get Shopifys support number and noticed this post- my navigation functions also seem to have all disappeared in the last 48 hours

and every piece of the layout and placement of all the assets have been uncatergorized and repositioned.  

We have not touched the backend system and i dont know where to get help to rectify

Theme is fashionpolism with custom - very anxious and frustrated any help is really appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Russ

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey Russ, 

Understand the frustration — happy to help! Send me over your website's URL either on this thread or a private message and I can take a look.

Thank you,

Kyle Kopelke

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi Kyle,

The url is oscfurniture.com.au

Has there been a update that’s causing this issue that your aware of?

Absolutely very frustrating especially when there’s no tech support from Shopify

Thanks for your time on this btw

Cheer Russ
0 Likes
Highlighted

It was my understanding that Shopify is no longer offering phone support, but I could be wrong.

An update to Shopify's backend shouldn't affect the theme; also no update that I am aware of. Which part of the navigation or layout are we troubleshooting? Perhaps it would be best to send me an email or private message. 

Let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Thanks,

Kyle Kopelke

0 Likes