NEED HELP FOR SOME THEME MODIFICATIONS

1 0 0

Hey ! I need some help to change some small things on my theme :

-On the 404 page the "Continuer votre shopping" button by a "Retourner à l'accueil" button that redirects to homepage.

-I want to see the "voir plus" link without bold and a big V "Voir plus"

If you want to see the website here is a link www.velaso.ma

Thanks for help !

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 31 70

Hi, @ElHossineNaciri!

This is May from Shopify. Welcome to our Shopify Community!

First of all, I'd like to mention that I really appreciate how you are working on improving your 404 page! It is a page that often go unnoticed, but can be very impactful when done the right way. Adding a call-to-action button like you mentioned above, is definitely one of the best approach to redirect "lost" visitors back to the store! 

Depending on the theme you are using, changing the button titles and links can be done from the theme settings. I did take a quick look into your store, and it looks like you are using a third party theme. I am not very familiar with third party themes in terms of how they are developed, but generally, all Shopify themes are similar! That being said, I am going to try my best to help you out!

Let's start by changing the button title. Generally, you can change your theme's titles/texts/wordings from the language editor. From your admin, you'll want to go to your 'Online Store > Actions > Edit languages'. Under '404' section, you should be able to find and edit the button text. After you finish editing, click 'Save'.

In order to redirect the button to the homepage, generally, you will need to edit this from the theme code. If you are going to edit your theme code, I highly recommend making a duplicate of your theme before you make any changes. After you've made a duplicate, feel free to follow the steps below:

1. From your admin, go to 'Online Store > Actions > Edit code'

2. Search for a '404.liquid' file. Depending on the theme, file name could vary. 

3. Inside this file, look for this code: href=. You will want to replace the content inside the href quotes with a single /, or your store domain. This section will look like: href="/" or href="mystore.myshopify.com". Both will redirect the button to the homepage. 

4. Click 'Save'.

If you aren't able to find this section or if you are not comfortable with making any code changes, I highly recommend reaching out to the theme developers directly. 

Moving on to your second point, I checked on your website, and I wasn't able to find this section. Here's what I see:

Is this the section that you inquired about? If not, please let me know and I'd be more than happy to take a closer look!

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes