Narrative Theme: Featured Product always appear to be Sold Out

Madhvi1
2 0 0

Hi Guys,

I have just launched my online store https://videsidesserts.com/ using narrative theme.

Since all our products are made to order, we do not track quantity. For last few days, the featured product is suddenly showing sold out even though it works fine on the product page.

Please help me with the same urgently.

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
771 53 91

Hi, @Madhvi1.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

Thank you for sharing your store link here. On the home page, I see a slideshow section, several image with text sections, and links to contact and collections, but I'm not seeing a featured product listed there. Did you hide a featured product section, or were you referring to another page?

Taking a look at https://videsidesserts.com/collections/cakes, I do see one product with a "NOT AVAILABLE" banner, but that is actually part of the product image, not a banner added on by your theme settings.

Let me know which product you're referring to and whether there are any duplicates in the admin under Products > All products. I look forward to your reply.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Madhvi1
2 0 0
Hi Sophia,

I had hidden the featured product because it was showing sold out and the
site was live. Since then I changed multiple products to be featured, but
all of them are showing sold out by default.

I have enabled its visibility just for you here
.Scroll to the bottom of the page to see it.
0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
771 53 91

Thanks for enabling that section!

What I'm noticing so far is that if I switch the variants, Add to Cart becomes available. It seems like the code for the Add to Cart button in the Featured product section has been adjusted. Did you or anyone working on the store edit the code, or do you have an app installed that may have interfered with the Add to Cart buttons?

It's possible that our Theme Support team may be able to help you switch the button back to an active button that reads "Add to Cart" for all products and variants, though I can't make any guarantees, especially if the code has been altered.

It may be helpful to test a fresh copy of the Narrative theme under Online Store > Themes > Theme library to see if the issue persists there or if it is exclusive to the current published version of the theme. That will help us determine whether there's an app or custom coding involved. Please let me know if you're able to replicate the issue by adding a new copy of your theme.

21-01-45d27-qfox6

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes