Narrative Theme Menu Anchor Links on Home Page

Charlie1029
Tourist
5 0 3

Hello, this is my first post, and I have minimal knowledge of HTML, so please bear with me.

The website that I am modifying is irisaudiodesign.com for reference.

Im using the Narrative theme, and Im trying to use the main navigation menu to navigate to different sections on the home page. I have tried using the inspector to find the "div id" value, and using the "/#div id" as the link for the menu item, as in https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Where-to-add-anchor-links-code-in-Narrative-theme/td-...  I have also tried inserting custom HTML using the "Custom content>Custom HTML" section and inserting <div id="about"></div> (where "about" is the section that I am trying to get to, as in https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Anchor-links-in-Narrative-theme/td-p/947109 .

Here's the interesting part. When I click the item that I want to navigate to in the Navigation pane, the https://irisaudiodesign.com/#shopify-section-16257915044f8d86b6  shows up in the browser bar. If I refresh the page, it goes exactly where i want it ti ("About" section), but it doesn't go there when I click on the navigation menu item on the website.

Furthermore, Id like to have a prettier URL (such as .../#about), but using the "custom HTML" option seems to be less reliable (sometimes scrolls down to the bottom of the page), and requires that I have a blank space between home page sections, which I dont like.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
20599 2134 7800

@Charlie1029 

sorry for that issue do you have like this?

https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_css_smooth_scroll.asp#section1

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Charlie1029
Tourist
5 0 3

@KetanKumar Thank you for your response! Im not sure that I understand what you mean. I am using the Narrative theme in Shopify, with no modified code. I went "Online store>Navigation>Main menu>Edit menu item" then used the shopify section that I wanted to scroll to (/#shopify-section-16257915044f8d86b6). Pasting irisaudiodesign.com/#shopify-section-16257915044f8d86b6 brings me to where I want to scroll to, but selecting the button on the website does not.

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
20599 2134 7800

@Charlie1029 

thanks for update please add above step code and after add link on navigation 

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Charlie1029
Tourist
5 0 3

Where should I add the above code? In the "Edit code for Narrative" section? If so, what file should the code be implemented on, and where?

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
20599 2134 7800

@Charlie1029 

yes your have try this code add theme.liquid file before </body>

0 Likes
Charlie1029
Tourist
5 0 3

@KetanKumar Thank you for your ongoing help with this matter. I placed the code that I believe you recommended 

html {
  scroll-behavior: smooth;
}

immediately before the </body> section of the "theme.liquid" file under "Edit code for Narrative". This did not appear to work at all, and the website has the same issue of not responding when I click the navigation bar item.

0 Likes
Charlie1029
Tourist
5 0 3

Just to reiterate, if I use the Navigation bar from any other page on the website (other than the home page), it goes to the exact point of the home page that I am looking for (behaves as expected). This issue only occurs when the navigation is used on the home page.

0 Likes