Narrative Theme - Price Shows as "$0" When No Variant Is Selected

1 0 0

Hello,

I followed this guide to make my products' page default to the featured image and force users to make a selection (instead of defaulting to selecting the first variant).  However, before a selection is made, the price shows "$0" under the image. I would prefer to it say nothing, "from $x-$y", or "Make a Selection." Really anything but "$0".

I have tried various combinations of {% if %} and {% unless %} tags all over the product-template.liquid but cannot make it do this. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 103

Hey, @Tidwell 

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you and thanks for posting here.

That sounds a little strange. As far as I am aware once each of the steps in the guide has been followed, this should not result in a default price of $0 being displayed.

It is however a little difficult to examine this without a link to your store. It may be a case that a step is not working as intended, has been misapplied or that custom coding is interfering here. I would like to have a closer look into this with you if that's okay?

I have sent you an email to verify your details, so that we can take a closer look. We can also loop in our Theme support too if needs be (as part of our Design Policy).

If you could reply to me when you can, that would be great.

Cheers.

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
5 0 0

Mine does the exact same thing. I wonder how should I fix it.Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 2.54.19 AM.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
723 40 103

Hi, @jeffff3000 !

Thanks so much for joining in here.

With most themes, the price should not appear at all after following the steps in this guide, however in certain cases some of our newer themes such as Narrative can behave slightly differently. I'd love to have a closer look into this with our Theme support for you if that is okay?

I have sent you an email so that we can verify your details, if you could reply to me when you can that would be great.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes