Narrative Theme Slide Show Automatic Advance?

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi guys!

I'm trying to make the slide show that comes with the Narrative theme so that a user doesn't need to click to advance to the next slide. Anyone know how I can make that happen? Site: www.mugofmuul.com

Thanks so much for your help!!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
796 41 122

Hey!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

If you wanted these slides to advance automatically, I could have a chat with our theme support team to see if we can add a timer for each slide. This way, you can set a time (5/10/15 seconds) for the slide to remain on screen. Once the timer runs out, the slide will automatically pass to the next image!

As the coding required to do this would be different depending on several factors (theme version/apps installed/previous coding changes made), I would not be able to post a guide here. A guide I post may work for you, but may damage another forum members theme if they were to try to follow it.

Would you be able to send us an email to support@shopify.com using the email address listed as the account owners? Once you have done that, you can pop back here and let me know the support ticket number you were assigned (which will be emailed to you). That way, I can pick the ticket out of the queue and authenticate you as the store owner. After that, I'd be happy to chat with our theme support team to see if we can make these changes for you.

Speak soon!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Ava,

I'm curious how this worked out. I'd also like to enable auto-advance for a slideshow on my Narrative based store.

0 Likes