Narrative theme - Featured Product section

Solved
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi there,

I'm keen to use the excellent Narrative theme for my new website. However, I can't seem to replicate something I saw in the demo here: https://themes.shopify.com/themes/narrative/styles/warm/preview 

Scroll down until you see this section at the bottom. 

Ratio Eight.png

In this demo, the ability to change between different products is seamless. Change the the colour and the image changes together with the URL in the "Full Details" CTA. The user can essentially toggle between products just by changing the options. Now when I was fiddling with this same section, I can only choose 1 product as per my image below. Why is this so? Why can't I replicate the same functions the demo had?

Charged Buy Featured item.png

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
679 80 113

This is an accepted solution.

@Hatta ,

You need to create a product and different variants and then you should be good. Currently, each variant seems to be an individual product

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution

To hire: email us at shopify@propero.in

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi thank you so much. I have tried it and now it works though I have some new problems. As per your suggestion, I have created 1 product with colour variants as you recommended. It looks like this and those functionalities do work.

1 product with variants.png

However, when it comes to the individual product listing, I am not able to add more photos for that colour variant. I want to show many different angles per colour variant through photos for that single product page. Is there a way to do that? I can't seem to find an option for that.

Also, I have a product recommendations section placed within my product page but it never appears. Why is that so? Please see below. I'd like to be able to show the other colour variants.

product recommendations.png

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
679 80 113

This is an accepted solution.

@Hatta 

Good to know that you were able to make it work. The multiple images per variant are not supported by default and can be added through customization, however, that is little involved to explain here.

The dynamic recommendation however will show up when you sufficient products in.

In case you would like to explore setting this up your self, you can start here 

https://shopify-tutorials.myshopify.com/blogs/tutorials/15665261-grouping-images-with-variants

Alternatively, you may install some apps from app store which can enable this functionality, you may also buy themes with native support for this.

Another option is to hire an expert to customize you theme.

Choose what best works for you. 

Cheers!

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution

To hire: email us at shopify@propero.in

Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you! Let me try fiddle with this.