Narrative theme - remove quantity selector from cart and cart slider

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi,

Using Narrative and would like to remove the quantity selector option from both cart drawer (? the thing that slides out from the side) and cart. I'd like to have the quantity displayed, but no option for customers to change it in the cart (only by adding products in the shop). 

I've read in other posts that only applying that to certain items but not others is close to impossible, so that's alright. I'd like to remove the quantity selector for ALL products (in cart, not on product page).

(The reason for this is that they'll get a bundle of product A and product B discounted, but I only want to give the discount on B when it's purchased with A. Not on its own. The way it is right now, customers could just up the quantity of discounted product B in the cart)

Any advice? Help much appreciated. 

@dmwwebartisan @achieveapplabs @Bo saw your good answers elsewhere, maybe you could help? Thanks!

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
78 19 19

Hi Zoraa

Something like this should work if you want to hide it for all products.

This will only affect the slide-out menu and not product pages.

Add this to the bottom of your theme.scss:

#CartDrawer .ajaxcart__qty {
    display: none;
}

In terms of hiding it for certain products it should be do-able, but you'll need to edit the liquid template and it's a fair bit more complex than the above solution!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi 2BDigital,

thanks for your reply!

I'm a bit of a noob - could you tell me where exactly to put that code in? I tried in theme.scss.liquid and the quantity selector is still in the slide out cart, but I may well have done it wrong. 

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
397 28 61

Hi @Zoraa  

Nice to meet you and thanks for the shout out!

Can you tell us are you manually creating discounts as well how are you bundling your products, through an app?

Best Regards,

Achieve Team

Custom Apps and Theme Support | Email us: hello@achieveapplabs.com | Follow us on Twitter @achieveapplabs | Hosted solutions | Lifetime support
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Achieve team,

I'm not manually creating discounts I'm exploring the use of the app Tier which apparently makes use of native Shopify discounts. 

Thanks

Zora

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi @achieveapplabs @2BDigital 

Any other ideas? Adding that bit of code unfortunately didn't do the trick.

Thanks a lot

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
397 28 61

Hi @Zoraa ,

In regards to Tier app, are you using Kits? If so based on their example Store you should only be able to change the quantity of kits. That being said please reach out to 

hello@linqcommerce.com

Regards,

Achieve Team

Custom Apps and Theme Support | Email us: hello@achieveapplabs.com | Follow us on Twitter @achieveapplabs | Hosted solutions | Lifetime support
0 Likes