Navigation Issues and Missing Templates in Boundless Theme

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

I'm using the Boundless theme and the home page has an "Action Bar" were I put menu items, however, when I click on it, it won't navigate to the collection. When I check all nav, it appears to be entered correctly, and if I use the side bar menu, it navigates correctly so I can't figure out the disconnect. When I search for help, it says to use the page templates, however, there is only 1 template for page.contact. When I go to the Action Bar on the back end - it shows a place for Collections and the top shows "template" but it won't let me make any changes.  See Examples below;

Shopify Help Example-01.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1384 134 374

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @714creative 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this. When it comes to seeking assistance with theme issues I would encourage you to always include a link to your store so that members of the community can take a look at the issue natively and assess what the issue could be. I would highly recommend checking out this Help Us Help You guide which outlines what information to provide when seeking support in the community for themes specifically. 

Based on what I can see from your post and my experience with the platform I would deduce that this could be an issue caused by the incorrect use of the tag feature in your Navigation settings. The tags used in the navigation allow you to further filter a collection, showing only products which have all of the tags inputted, this would be why your products are not displaying, as none of your products have been tagged with all of the tags inputted. Go to Online Store > Navigation > Action Menu. From here you can edit the individual navigation links and remove the tags from each. 

If this does not work or if I have misunderstood your query please do let me know and provide me with context as to what the issue is and what you are trying to achieve. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thanks Bo! That totally fixed it!! I would have shared the link to the
store but it hasn't gone live yet. Thank you so much for responding quickly
- it is GREATLY APPRECIATED!! Have a fabulous week!
0 Likes