Navigation Menu Drop-downs not working on Mobile

Solved
Lux8
Excursionist
17 1 5

Hello

My store is www.thegoodgrocer.co.za

When in mobile view, the dropdown menu for "Shop" doesn't work when you select the arrow.

Please help!

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
727 73 130

Hi @Lux8,

Hyde here from Shopify. That's strange!

I have a few questions I need to aks to try get a better sense of what the context is surrounding this issue:

1. Are you using a free Shopify theme or a paid third-party theme?
2. Have you made any code edits to your theme or added any third-party apps?
3. Does this happen if you try different devices, browsers, and internet connections?

The more information you can give me, the better I can help you. I look forward to hearing from you!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Lux8
Excursionist
17 1 5

Hi @Hyde 

1. I'm using the free Supply theme

2. I have made some code edits and recently deleted a menu app, however, I reached out to the app developer and they said that deleting their code from my theme would not break the code like it did.

3. I have tried different browsers and devices and the issue persists.

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
727 73 130

This is an accepted solution.

Ok, so the fact that you have made code edits to your theme and deleted a third-party app that specifically relates to the menu, strongly suggests to me that the source of the problem is in one (or a combination) of the two. Did the problem coincide with a code edit you made, or did it happen when you removed the app? 

Either way, we cannot undo what we didn't do in the first, so our scope of support is limited in this case. If rolling back the code to an earlier version does not work, I would have to recommend that you reach out to a coder from our directory of Shopify Experts who can make custom changes to your store on a contracted basis

All the best, Hyde. 

0 Likes
Lux8
Excursionist
17 1 5

@Hyde 

Noted. Thank you.

0 Likes
beckamade
2 0 0

I am having this same issue of not having my drop down menu open, plus not being able to edit items in my cart when I am on a mobile device, but works fine on a computer.

My store is beckamade.shopify.com

I am using debut theme, but have paid to have changes made in the past to have the items available reflect tracked inventory.

If you would be able to take a look and possibly fix it, or let me know if I need to hire a shopify expert for this.

Thank you very much,

Rebecca

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
727 73 130

Hi, we could not really offer much advice in this case for much the same reasons I offered above: we cannot undo what we didn't do in the first, so our scope of support is limited in this case. You can reach out to a coder from our directory of Shopify Experts who can make custom changes to your store on a contracted basis

All the best, Hyde. 

0 Likes