Navigation Menu (Mobile) turns blank on Debut theme

2 0 0
Hi all,

I’m having an issue as to where the Menu and Submenu’s on a Debut theme work perfect on the computer in any browser.

However on a mobile browser (even the preview of mobile browser on a computer) as soon as you hit the menu button (the 3 stripes) it shows the dropdown menu with the submenus. Once you click on the submenu it shows the categories underneath that. But once you hit the back arrow button, instead of seeing previous menu. It turns completely blank.

The only fix is to refresh the page. I did an element inspect and it shows errors called:

$activesubnav.preparetransition is not a function

It refers to theme.js and vendor.js

However i compared the entire code with the keywords to a fully functional Debut theme and i can’t seem to find an error. All i know it is 100% mobile related and it only occurs trying to get back to the previous section of the dropdown menu.

No doubt that this will be a 1 minute fix, but i couldn’t find a solution anywhere.

Any fix is welcome and highly appreciated. Thank you!
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
706 66 139

Hey there, Wesley

Bo here from Shopify Support!

I spoke with our theme team about this and they reckon that this could have been caused by an app. Without a link to your store, this is hard to determine. They would like to take a closer look at this. Could you e-mail me at support@shopify.com from the e-mail you use to log in and get back to me with the ticket number that is generated or the e-mail used so that I can authenticate you as the owner? I can then get this sent directly to our theme team to have it fixed for you. 

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0
Hi Bo!

Ticketnunber is: 12463674.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
706 66 139

Hey there, Wesley

Thank you for emailing in, I can see our Guru team was able to take care of this for you. If there is absolutely anything else we can help with, please do let us know.

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi there,

we also have the exact same problem. Is there an official fix available?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
706 66 139

Hey there, @JozefHomespring 

There is no official fix for this - it can be caused by a number of things and so it is best taken care of by our theme team. Could you follow the steps outlined above to get in touch and I will get this escalated for you? 

All the Best,

Bo 

0 Likes
3 0 0

The ticket number is 14618217

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
706 66 139

Thank you for getting back to me with this, Joze. This has been escalated to the theme team to investigate. They will be in touch within 24-72 hours via email. 

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes