Navigation

Tourist
3 0 1

Hello, I am using a Pop theme and I would like to move the navigation menu in the horizontal space across the top of my website, how can I do that please? thank you!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
612 57 80

Hey, @AccessoryLaneFG!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I understand you're using the Pop theme, and you'd like to make some changes regarding the navigation of your site. I'm happy to help out! In order to assist, I will need to get some additional information from you. Could you please reply back here and let me know exactly the change you're looking to make? It would be helpful to see what your navigation currently looks like, and an example of what you're looking to achieve. Please send over a screenshot of your current set up, and a screenshot or mockup of what you want. Once I have some more context, we can determine how to best proceed with your request! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Ash! please see a screenshot of what the website currently looks like and an example of what I am trying to achieve.

Also, I would like to add a basket icon at the top right hand of the website, I would like to change the term 'cart' to 'basket', with log in and contact us button.

thanks so much in advance!

shopify.JPGshopify1.JPG

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
612 57 80

Hey, @AccessoryLaneFG!

Thank you for getting back to me with the screenshots! That's a great help in understanding what you're looking for.

Let's start with changing the wording "Cart" to "Basket". In order to change this, you'll need to access the Language Editor for your theme, locate the areas where the "Cart" is mentioned, and change those to say "Basket" instead. Here are some steps, and a screenshot from my own shop to help show how to access and use the Language Editor: 

• First, head over to your Online Store> Themes section of your admin.
  • Locate the theme you're working on, and click "Actions".
  • On the drop-down menu that appears, select "Edit Languages".

language editor.png

• Locate the areas you want to change where "Cart" is mentioned, and change the wording. You can use the search bar to search for "Cart" and see every instance it's used in the Language Editor!
  • Once you're finished making changes in the Language Editor, be sure to click save on the top right to have the changes reflected on your live site. 

Customizations such as changing the cart icon to a basket, and changing the navigation from left-oriented and vertical to horizontal along the top would require some code customizations to your site. There are quite a few themes that come with horizontal navigation along the top by default, and I'd be happy to provide some suggestions if switching themes is something you'd consider! It does look like you've put in some work on the Pop theme already though, and it is absolutely possible to have these changes made on it! 

For changes like these, I'd recommend hiring a Shopify Expert to assist. Shopify Experts are trusted, third-party agencies and freelancers, who are available for hire by Shopify Merchants. You can visit their site here to contact an Expert, or post a job request and receive quotes from eligible Experts.

I hope this helps you get the changes you're after completed, and feel free to reply back here if you have any troubles with the Language Editor, or if you'd like to discuss some other themes that may potentially suit your needs! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you Ash! I will look into getting some quotes for the above, thanks so much for your help!